Following CDC and Health Department Guidelines, safe spatial requirements, and a limited facility size, a maximum of only 8-10 clients can be onsite at one time. Clients may not bring accompanying supporters or children with them into the building.
If you brought someone with you, or have children with you, let us know and we will make other provisions to assist you. Once a client completes the process (typically 60 to 90 minutes) another client can come in.
1. Enter through the west end of the privacy screen against the north wall of the Police/Municipal Courts Building on the Street Level. Look for the white curtains and the signs that say, “Family Safety Center Only”. Be sure to stand on the spacing floor stickers. You will be given a mask, a clipboard, and pen with a basic intake form to complete while you’re in line.
2. When you reach the table, it will be staffed by a Nurse and a Navigator from the FSC who will help with the next steps:
a. We will take your temperature with a handheld, laser forehead thermometer. If you have a temp of 100.4°F or greater, we will make provisions to assist you by teleconference outside the facility.
b. You MUST wear a face mask. If you do not have one, FSC will provide a disposable mask to wear. You MUST wear it all times. If you elect NOT to wear a mask, we will make provisions to assist you by teleconference but outside the facility.
c. We will ask you to respond to a brief health / COVID-19 exposure health survey.
3. Once inside our Security Specialist will perform a brief hand-held metal detector wand scan, then admit you into the FSC itself.
4. The FSC can accommodate 8-10 clients at a time. If you are client number 11+ in line, we will give you the option of completing your forms by teleconference, or you may wait in your vehicle or nearby for us to call for an in-person process. We will get your phone number and text or phone you as soon as space is available. We anticipate each case to take one hour.
5. Persons who file an Emergency Protective Order (EPO) will have to return to the FSC at 4:30 to pick up the granted or denied EPO documentation.